Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 (32 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 oz) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. manicotti (14 shells), uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Drain well and squeeze dry; set aside.
- Place 1 cup of sauce in bottom of dish. Stir in water; set aside.
- In medium bowl beat egg. Stir in ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, spinach, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Using a table knife, fill manicotti shells with spinach mixture.
- Arrange in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over shells to coat completely. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1¼ hours or until shells are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella and bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.