My notes say i made this on Nov. 30, 1995, and it was wonderful.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened (8 oz. each)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained (10 oz)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- ⅔ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
- Turn the mixture into a 3½ quart electric slow cooker / smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the high heat setting for 1¼ to 1½ hours, until hot in the center.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring around the inside edges of the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue heating on high 15 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.
- Reduce the heat to the low setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips for dipping.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Once you've mixed up this dip in the food processor, cook it until hot throughout in a slow cooker.
- Serve topped with melted cheese and ringed with your favorite salsa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.