Spinach Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 (13½ ounce) cans spinach
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten (or ½ cup egg mix + ½ cup water, mixed)
- Heat spinach and drain well.
- While spinach is cooling, brown onions in butter for 4–5 minutes.
- Combine the spinach and onions in a bowl with bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and add eggs.
- Heat a nonstick pan and coat with cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls (about ⅓ cup) of spinach mixture into skillet and cook both sides until lightly browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.