This freezes well. I generally make this the night before and refrigerate it for the next day. Yum!
- 1 pack manicotti pasta (jumbo shells will also do)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 container of fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white (or fave egg replacement)
- 1 can spinach (or use frozen if you can't find it canned)
- 1 pack shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- Cook manicotti or shells until almost done. Meaning the pasta should still be a little hard. Drain and cool.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, spinach, egg white with half of the package mozzarella cheese. Mixture should be a little thick—not runny. If runny, add more mozzarella cheese.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce to mixture and whatever herbs you prefer... basil, oregano, parsley, etc.
- When manicotti is cool, stuff with mixture and place in a baking pan.
- Top with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 °F or until cheese is fully melted on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.