Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook onion in butter in large skillet until tender but not brown.
- Add spinach and garlic. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat
- Add rice and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture.
- Turn into greased shallow 2-quart baking dish; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.