Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Number of servings: 8
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 6 slices turkey bacon, low-fat
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 oz spinach leaves, well washed, stems removed and torn
- Coat a small sauté pan with cooking spray and heat over medium- high heat.
- Add bacon and sauté 3 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Add remaining ingredients except spinach and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 – 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Drizzle hot dressing over spinach and toss to coat.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ½ cup serving:
- Calories 63 (Calories from Fat 33) | Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g) | Cholesterol 8mg | Sodium 229mg | Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g) | Protein 3g
- Exchanges Per Serving: ½ Fat | ½ carbohydrate
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.