- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 cup 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Heat oil in a large skillet and saute onion, mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix egg white, flour and cottage cheese.
- Add to sauteed vegetables along with spinach.
- Stir rice, pepper, thyme and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Turn into a greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Bake at 375 °F for at least 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 193 calories total fat 5 g (22% of calories)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.