Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1¾ pounds)
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- ½ cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 1 bag (10 ounces) washed fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Remove fat from chicken.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet 2 minutes on each side; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in milk, broth and onion.
- Cook about 5 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Stir in spinach.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is completely wilted and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Cook spinach mixture about 3 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve chicken on spinach.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 165 (Calories from Fat 35) | Fat 4g (Saturated 1g) | Cholesterol 75mg | Sodium 310mg | Potassium 440mg | Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g) | Protein 30g
% Daily Value:
- Vitamin A 70% | Vitamin C 4% | Vitamin D 6% | Calcium 12% | Iron 8% | Folic Acid 12%
- Diet exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat | 1 Vegetable
- Weight Watcher Points - 4 Points
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.