Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut into six slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Add spinach; cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Blend in buttermilk, cottage cheese, rice, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.