- Storage: Covered, in refrigerator.
- Freeze: Not suitable.
- Microwave: Pasta suitable.
- 1 – 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red spanish onion (300g) chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 small fresh red chillies chopped
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 14½ oz canned tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz artichoke hearts in oil drained, chopped
- ⅓ cup seeded black olives sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves shredded
- 1 bn spinach shredded
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- Heat oil in pan, add onion, garlic, chillies and mushrooms, cook, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Stir in undrained crushed tomatoes, paste, sugar, wine, artichokes, and basil, simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add spinach, simmer, uncovered, until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in cheese.
- Add pasta to large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Toss hot spinach and mushroom mixture with pasta.
- spinach and mushroom mixture can be made a day ahead.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.