A fresh and lively side dish or a main course if served with whole grain bread, bean salad and fruit for dessert.
- 1 lbs butterfly or bow-tie pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 8 oz asparagus, ½" diagonal slices
- 2 carrots, peeled, ¼" diagonal slices
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups [stock]
- 10 frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in asparagus, carrots, and thyme.
- Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add stock, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until vegetables are crisp tender and stock is reduced to 1¼ cups, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and basil and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- 298 calories | total fat 6 g (17% of calories)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.