- 1 lb forced rhubarb (trimmed weight)
- 3 green cardamon pods
- 6 oz Sugar
- 1/2 pt double cream
- 1 oz shelled pistachios
- Cut the rhubarb into 1 " lenghts.
- Slit the cardamon pods and extract the black seeds.
- Put the rhubarb, cardamon seeds and Sugar in a pan and cook, covered, over a fairly low heat for a few minutes until he juices begin to run.
- Raise heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
- Scoop out the rhubarb and boil juice hard until reduced by half.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Pour boiling water over the pistachios and leave for 30 seconds.
- Drain and rub off skins.
- Spread out on a baking tray and dry in an oven at 140 C Gas 1 for 5-10 mins.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold in the cooked rhubarb and juices and 2/3 rd of the chopped pistachios.
- Spoon into individual bowls and scatter with the remaining nuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.