- Stir very thoroughly together 1 pound powdered sugar and 4 eggs.
- Next, add 2 knife-points of cleaned potash, and the grated rind of 1 lemon.
- When well mixed add 1 pound of fine flour.
- Roll out the dough ¼ inch thick, and be careful to flour the moulds well before pressing out the cakes.
- Remove carefully from the moulds and lay on a board covered with anise-seed, figure-side up.
- Stand aside for 12 hours in a cold place, then place in pans and bake in a hot oven.
- Work the dough as cold as possible.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.