Served at Christmas time. This recipe has been handed down through my family and is made every Christmas. I can remember my Grandmother making these when I was a boy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 teaspoon almond extract (depending on your taste)
- 2 1/2 cups flour (sifted twice)
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Mix in egg yolk
- Add almond extract and beat until creamy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- To shape, place dough into cookie press and use the small star shaped cutout, or from into small rings, approximately the size of a quarter.
- Bake in a hot oven (400 F) 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool before putting away.
- May be dipped into melted chocolate for decoration
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.