This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4½ pounds butternut squash
- 4 large leeks cleaned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Bake at 350 until tender.
- When cool enough to handle remove pulp from skin and set aside.
- Sauté leeks and thyme in butter until tender then add pulp and chicken stock and simmer 20 minutes.
- In blender puree a little at a time then return to pot and season with salt and pepper.
- If desired garnish with sour cream and chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.