- 1 pineapple, fresh
- 25 g onion
- 2 chile, fresh
- 50 g ghee
- ½ lemon grass stem
- 1 curry leaf
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds, ground
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp fennel
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthways, scoop out the flesh and cut into cubes.
- Retain the half pineapple shells.
- Chop the onion and finely slice the chiles heat the ghee and fry the onion together with the curry leaf and lemon grass.
- Add the chile powder paprika powder, mustard, turmeric, salt and pineapple pieces and cook for a few minutes until the pineapple is soft.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with the fennel and allow curry to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve in hollowed out pineapple shells, garnished with sliced chiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.