- 2 mangoes, ripe
- 1 papaya, ripe
- 1 pineapple
- 2 oranges
- 2 bananas
- 1 lime, juice of
- 110 gm sugar
- 125 ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 25 ml rum
- Peel and dice the mangoes, papaya and pineapple.
- Peel the oranges, remove the pips and divide into sections.
- Peel and slice the bananas and sprinkle the lime juice over them to prevent discoloration.
- Lightly mix all the fruit together in a salad bowl.
- Boil the sugar and water together and when sugar has dissolved remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the vanilla extract and rum to the sugar syrup and pour over the fruit salad.
- Leave in the refrigerator to cool before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.