Spiced coconut custard
- 5 eggs
- 250 gm jaggery
- 250 ml coconut milk, thick
- 150 ml water
- pinch cardamom powder
- pinch cinnamon, ground
- pinch nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp rose essence
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Mix the jaggery and water and boil until the jaggery has melted.
- Allow to cool. Add melted jaggery and coconut milk a little at a time to the eggs and continue to beat.
- Add the powdered cloves, cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg and rose essence and pour into a greased bowl.
- Cover with grease proof paper and steam for 1½ hours.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts before or after steaming.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.