- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 St. Peter's , bass or Trout, filleted
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Onion, chopped
- In a food processor, combine the parsley and garlic with 2 Tbsp. of water and whir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Thin the mixture with an additional 2 Tbsp. of water and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, covered.
- On a flat plate combine the flour with about 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Into this dip the fillets, coating well and shaking off whatever excess adheres.
- In a large, heavy skillet heat the oil and in this fry the until well browned on both sides.
- Transfer the to a preheated serving platter and set aside to keep warm.
- Discard about half of the oil and in the remaining oil saute the onions until golden brown.
- Add the remaining flour and over a low flame cook until the mixture is light brown, stirring constantly.
- Add the parsley mixture and cook, continuing to stir, for 2 – 3 minutes longer.
- Pour the sauce over the and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.