Makes 4 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 15-ounce can chili with beans
- ½ cup picante sauce
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 x 7-inch corn or flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- vegetable cooking spray or 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Soak tortillas in hot water to soften.
- Cook onion in butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in rice, chili, picante sauce and cheese; cook until thoroughly heated about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place 1 tortilla in bottom of 9-inch round baking dish or pie plate; top with ¼ rice mixture.
- Repeat layers with tortillas and rice, ending with tortilla.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into 4 wedges to serve. Serve with dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.