Makes 4 servings.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- toasted sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Combine rice, sugar, milk and cream in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thick and creamy (about 20 to 30 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; quickly whisk in butter, egg yolk and vanilla. Cool.
- Alternate rice pudding, blueberries and strawberries in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Garnish with almonds and whipped cream if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.