- Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound beef round steak, thinly sliced into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1¾ cups beef broth
- ⅓ cup burgundy or other dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Sauté steak in oil over high heat in 10-inch skillet until brown.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in carrots, mushrooms, salt, garlic powder, pepper, broth, wine and Worcestershire; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add celery and continue cooking 10 minutes longer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into meat-vegetable mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve over fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.