Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Jack Linkletter, Look Who's Cooking in Laguna Beach
- Serves 4
- 4 top round steaks
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz)
- Place steaks in shallow nonmetallic dish.
- Combine dry sherry, water, chives, steaks sauce and mustard.
- Pour over steaks, cover, and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain steaks and reserve marinade.
- Broil, pan fry or barbeque steaks to medium rare.
- Put reserved marinade in pan.
- Add mushrooms to mixture in pan and bring to a boil.
- Place steaks on hot platter and pour marinade over them.
- Try this with baked potatoes, wilted spinach salad and cinnamon apple sauce for dessert.
- Add a good California zinfandel wine to drink.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.