Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings of steak pizzaiola.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chunky marinara sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1½ pounds boneless sirloin steak
- ¾ pound linguine pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 12 oz bag Caesar salad with dressing
- Heat broiler.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boiling.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet.
- Add peppers and onion, saute until tender.
- Season with ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan.
- Add garlic, cook until softened.
- Add marinara, ¼ tsp salt, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes, cook 5 minutes.
- Season the steak on both sides with remaining salt and pepper.
- Broil steak until done.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain.
- Lower oven temp to 400°F.
- Cook the linguine following package directions. Drain.
- Place the meat in a glass baking dish.
- Spoon 1½ cups sauce over the meat.
- Arrange half the onions and peppers over the sauce, sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese melts and is heated through.
To serve Edit
- Toss pasta with remaining pepper mixture and remaining sauce, place on platter.
- Lift steak slices out of dish and place over the top of pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan, bread and the salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.