This is a unique idea for grilled steak on the barbeque and the garlic salsa is great with it!
- 6 servings
- 35 minutes (15 mins prep)
Step one Edit
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Step two Edit
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak or London broil beef, 1 to 1½ inches thick
- 1 large bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups bite sized pieces romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Shake step one ingredients together in a tightly sealed container and set aside ¼ cup.
- Stir green onions and tomatoes into remaining salsa.
- Grill (covered) steak and bell pepper 4 to 5 inches over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning steak once and pepper frequently.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
- Cut steak into ¼ inch slices and toss with reserved ¼ cup of salsa.
- Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Place romaine or salad greens, bell pepper, mushrooms and steak into large bowl.
- Add the salsa, tomato and green onion mixture and toss.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.