Purchased from the McDonald Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1990. Dated 1926.
- 1 pound boneless Beef round Steak, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 chopped white Onion
- 1 can whole white potatoes, reserve liquid
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can green beans, drained
- Coat Beef pieces with flour.
- Brown Beef and Onion in oil in skillet, set aside.
- Add enough water to reserved Potato liquid to measure 1 cup.
- In small bowl, mix liquid, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, salt and pepper.
- Pour over Beef and Onion.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until Beef is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and green beans to skillet.
- Heat to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes longer.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.