Makes 6 servings.
- 6 cubed beef steaks (1½ pounds)
- ⅓ cup flour seasoned with salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms (drain; reserve liquid)
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- beef broth
- Dust steaks with seasoned flour. Brown in oil in ovenproof skillet. Remove steaks and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add green onions and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper. Add liquid from mushrooms, wine and enough broth to make 3 cups. Bring to a boil; stir well.
- Top with steaks. Cover and bake at 350 °F for 25 to 30 minutes or until meat is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.