DescriptionEditThis Oriental beef dish is light and healthy! When it comes to healthy cooking, steaming is the top of mind. The heat of the steam cooks food quickly, helping preserve nutrients.
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt, rock or iodized only
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or (2-3 teaspoons hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 500 grams beef sirloin, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 6 to 8 pieces Baguio pechay
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Mix together green onions, ginger, salt, sriracha (or hot sauce), cooking wine, oyster sauce, baking soda, and sesame oil in a bowl. Add beef and mix well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. Add rice flour and mix.
- Preheat a large steamer and add star anise into the water. Arrange 3 to 4 pieces pechay on the steamer's basket.
- Arrange half of the beef on top of the pechay. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Top with half of the bell peppers and carrots; steam for 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Toss the cooked beef in oyster sauce and arrange on a serving platter. Serve hot with steamed white rice on the side.
Nutritional Information Edit
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.