- 1 napa or green cabbage about 1½ lbs, I often mix red and green together
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp crystalline fructose
- ½ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, dices (if red price high, I use green)
- Core cabbage and slice thinly.
- In a small saucepan, mix vinegar, fructose, pepper flakes, caraway seeds.
- Cook about 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, fill a large kettle with about 1" of water and bring to a boil.
- Place cabbage slices and bell pepper in a steamer basket and place over water.
- Steam, covered, 3 minutes.
- Remove to a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce through strainer over cabbage and toss well.
Nutritional information Edit
- Cal: 27 | cho: 0g | car: 7g | pro: 1g | sod: 124mg | fat: 0g
- Food exchange: 1 vegetable exchange
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.