Cook time: 15 times
An East-Indian styled recipe of prawns steamed in spicy mustard gravy.
- 12 tiger prawns
- mustard seeds / paste / sauce (a small handful)
- coconut paste / poppy seeds / fresh cream (optional)
- 6 green chillies
- cilantro or any other herb (optional)
- 2 onions
- mustard oil
- seasonings - salt + turmeric powder
- Soak the mustard seeds in water overnight (skip if using paste / sauce). Grind them into paste with seasonings.
- Unshell, devein and wash the prawns thoroughly
- Place an aluminum foil in a bowl.
- Slice the onions and mix half of it in the bowl along with prawns and the mustard paste.
- Tear off the tips of chillies and toss them in.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of mustard oil.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut paste / poppy seed paste / fresh cream
- Cover up the foil and steam in foil for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the other half of raw onion sliced sprinkled over it.
- Goes well with steamed plain rice / fried rice / bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.