- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour -- Unbleached
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 4 ts baking powder
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1 lg egg
- 2 lg egg whites
- 2/3 c Skim milk
- 1/3 c Virgin olive oil
- 1 c zucchini Squash -- unpeeled, Shredded
- 3 tb Minced fresh basil
- 1 t Minced garlic
- 1/3 c Grated Romano Cheese -- Freshly grated
- 1/2 c pine nuts
- Less than full pkg. frozen chopped spinach (thaw and squeeze) 1 cup mozzarella cubed, (about 2 thick slices cubed) 1/2 cup (about) Romano or Parmesan grated Cheese Grease small loaf pan (do not flour).
- Mix all of above ingredents together (by hand-do not use mixer), will be lumpy.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake about 30/45 mins. at 350 degrees.
- Can be served hot or cold- slice to desired thickness.