- medium sized Chicken parts (legs, wings, breasts anything)
- diced garlic 2-3 cloves
- diced bell peppers
- diced chile peppers
- diced Onion
- salt, pepper, dusting of cumin
- achiote paste or paprika optional
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- heaping tblsp. of vegetable lard
- tblsp. of Sugar
- In a thick-bottomed, large stock pot over medium heat throw in the lard and Sugar and cook until it starts to boil and becomes the color of cafe au lait.
- Season the Chicken with salt, pepper and cumin. Add to pot.
- Throw in garlic, peppers, Onion, achiote and stir.
- Cover the pot and let simmer and stew for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook it down until the sauce thickens. Serve
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.