A Catfish recipe.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup snow Peas
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked rice for serving
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, celery, snow Peas and Mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
3. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat for 2 minutes. Drain Catfish, reserving marinade. Add Catfish to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until flakes easily when tested with a fork. Add sautéed vegetables to the pan. Mix cornstarch, water and reserved marinade in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add to wok and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide rice among serving plates and top with stir-fried Catfish and vegetables.