Stir-Fried Corn with Cumin and Coriander from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- If using frozen corn, thaw completely before using. If using canned, drain and set aside.
- Add the cumin, coriander, garlic, salt, red pepper and onions to a food processor and blend until it turns into a coarse paste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion mixture and stir-fry for 5 minutes then add corn and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.