- 1 lb firm or extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch bok choy with leaves, sliced crosswise and rinsed
- 3 to 4 scallions (or other green spring onion such as ramps or Egyptian onion), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp bottled stir-fry sauce or to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cut tofu into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Blot well between several layers of paper towels, then cut into 1-inch dice.
- In wok or wide skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and stir-fry until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy, scallions, garlic, stir-fry sauce and 2 tablespoons water.
- Stir-fry until bok choy is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in crushed red pepper flakes and peanuts if using, and serve right away.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.