Stir-Fried Tofu with Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 10½ oz. firm bean curd (tofu)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into ½" julienne
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon nuoc mam sauce (Vietnamese fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Drain bean curd and lightly pat dry with paper towels. Cut int ¾" cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove garlic and set aside. Add tofu cubes and fry quickly until all sides are browned. Remove tofu and set aside.
- Add carrot and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute until they are crisp-tender. Place vegetables on a serving dish then pile the cooked tofu on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chile powder, soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Spoon sauce over tofu and vegetables then sprinkle with the reserved cooked garlic. Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.