Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups dry thin spaghetti (broken in half)
- olive oil or peanut oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen peas or snow peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 x 11 oz can mandarin orange segments, drained, reserving liquid
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- (optional: sesame oil and red pepper flakes)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, drizzle a small amount of oil and sauté the onions for1 minutes.
- Add the garlic, green pepper, bean sprouts and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Combine the reserved juice and enough water to equal one-half to ¾ cup.
- Blend in cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes if you wish.
- Push the vegetables aside and add the liquid.
- Stir and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix it and the vegetables in with the thickened sauce in the pan.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of sesame oil and top with the orange pieces.
You can add leftover meat with the vegetables: pork, beef, shrimp or chicken works great.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.