Roman rag soup.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- 103 calories per serving
- Serves 4 to 8
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp flour (or semolina)
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon peel
- pinch of salt
- Mix stocks for soup in large pot.
- Bring to simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs, flour and 4 tbsp cheese together.
- Add lemon peel and salt and ¼ cup of mixed soup stock.
- Remove simmering pot from heat; pour rag batter into soup in thin stream, pouring carefully all over surface of soup.
- Return to heat.
- Stir with wooden spoon.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes as batter cooks and turns into rags.
- Serve very hot with the parsley and cheese garnish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.