This is the classic version adapted from gourmet magazine.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- Parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- mix cornstarch and 1/4 c water, set aside.
- bring stock and remaining water to a boil in a saucepan.
- reduce heat and add zest, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- whisk in cornstarch mixture and stir 2-3 minutes, simmering.
- add egg in a slow stream, stirring with a spoon.
- add spinach return to boil, remove from heat.
- serve with grated Parmesan cheese as a garnish.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.