In Romanian: Prajitura de Strasburg
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- 8 oz / 250 g butter
- 2 lbs / 1 kg apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 yolks
- shortening for greasing the pan
- egg mixed with sweetened water
- Put the flour in a mound on the pastry board.
- Put 1 tablespoon water, yolks, butter, salt and 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar in the middle of the flour.
- Knead well. Let the resulting dough rest, covered with an inverted bowl, for two hours.
- In the meantime, peel the apples, cut into thin slices and sprinkle with cinnammon.
- Then divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each of them into a ¼ inch thick sheet.
- Lay the first sheet in the greased pan, the apples sprinkled with 1 cup granulated sugar on top of the first sheet.
- Cover with the second sheet and wash with a little egg mixed with 1 tablespoon sweetened water.
- Bake at medium heat and when done, cut into medium squares.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.