- 350g / 12oz / 2 cups raspberries, fresh
- or frozen
- 45ml / 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 passion fruits
- 700g / ½ lb / 4 cups small strawberries
- 8 plain finger biscuits, to serve
- When buying strawberries choose fruit that is brightly colored, firm and unblemished.
- For the best flavor, serve the Berries at room temperature.
- The delicate flavor will then be at its most intense.
- Place the raspberries and Sugar in a saucepan and cook over a low heat, with stirring occasionally, until simmering.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Halve the passion fruits and scoop out the seeds and juice.
- Pour the raspberries into a blender or food processor, add the passion fruit pulp and blend for a few seconds.
- Rub the fruit sauce through a fine nylon sieve to remove the seeds.
- Fold the strawberries into the sauce, then spoon into four stemmed glasses. Serve with plain finger biscuits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.