- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tart Apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 cups whole frozen California strawberries (about 12 ounces)
- powdered sugar
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- In 10-inch pie plate, melt butter in 350-degree oven.
- Meanwhile, measure milk, vanilla, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar, the eggs, flour and salt, in order listed, in container of electric blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Remove pie plate from oven and tilt to coat bottom and sides with butter; immediately pour in egg mixture. Arrange Apple slices on bottom of pie plate; arrange strawberries on Apple slices.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- Bake in center of oven about 55 minutes until edges are browned and crisp.
- Cool on rack 10 to 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream. Makes 6 servings
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.