Makes 1 serving.
- 3½ ounces fresh California strawberries, washed, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ ounce sweet vermouth
- sour cream
- whole strawberry for garnish
- Toss sliced strawberries with preserves and sugar to coat; set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter or margarine, heating until bubbly.
- Pour in eggs; cook until set on the bottom but still moist, lifting edges gently with rubber spatula and rotating pan to let uncooked eggs run under.
- Spoon strawberry mixture over half of the eggs.
- Cook until eggs fluff.
- Remove from pan; sprinkle with vermouth.
- Fold in half to enclose filling; slide onto serving plate.
- Top with sour cream and whole strawberry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.