- 1 8-inch baked pie shell
- 2 pints California strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- To make glaze:
- Slice enough Berries to make 1 cup.
- Place sliced Berries in saucepan with Sugar, salt and ¼-cup water.
- Bring to boil. Cook 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Stir into Berries. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until thick (about 2 minutes).
- Add lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese with milk just until smooth.
- Spread in bottom of cooled pie shell. Cover with half the glaze.
- Arrange reserved whole Berries on top, stem ends down.
- Spoon remaining glaze over Berries. Chill 2 hours.
- Ready to use strawberry glaze sold in 15 1/2-ounce jars in your supermarket can be used in place of glaze given above.
- You will then need only 1 pint of fresh Berries. Yield: 6 servings.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.