- Makes about 1½ quarts
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 pint baskets very ripe California strawberries, stemmed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- sugar (about 1 cup)
- To make cooked cream: in heavy, 2-quart stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat boil milk, cream, 1½ tablespoons sugar and corn syrup 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Do not allow the mixture to burn or color.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, puree strawberries with electric blender or food processor.
- Stir in lemon juice and 2 tablespoons corn syrup.
- Gradually mix in sugar, adding up to 1 cup, depending on flavor of strawberries.
- Stir strawberry mixture into cooled cream mixture.
- Pour into container of ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to freezer container, cover and ripen in freezer up to 4 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.