Description[edit | edit source]
Source my grandma. I found this recipe written neatly on one of her recipe cards. I suspect the recipe came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook but can not prove it.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled, washed and drained
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons butter (or about the size of a walnut)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Fill pie shell with 2 cups of choice berries.
- Crush remaining 1 cup of berries.
- Soak them with the water for 5 minutes, strain and reserve 1 cup juice.
- Combine sugar with the cornstarch; stir into berry juice and cook for 3 minutes or until thick and clear.
- Add butter.
- Cool slightly and pour over fruit to glaze berries in pie shell.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.