- juice of 3 lemons
- 11 ounces of water
- 1 pound rhubarb
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 ounces whipping cream
- 2 pints strawberries
- 4 sprigs of mint
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Bring the water with the lemon juice and sugar to a boil.
- Meanwhile trim leafs of rhubarb, cut of stem and peel.
- Cut into 1½ inch pieces and add to the boiling water.
- Cook until rhubarb pieces are soft.
- Then strain rhubarb well, if necessary add some weight and keep refrigerated.
- In a double boiler whip egg yolks with powdered sugar until foaming white.
- Add cool rhubarb into mixture, then place bowl on ice.
- Whip whipping cream and add to mixture also.
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture in center of plates.
- Wash strawberries, cut of stem.
- Then slice strawberries from top to bottom.
- Arrange strawberry slices on top of rhubarb into a circle to obtain a rosette shape.
- In center place 1 scoop of ice cream each.
- Dust dessert with powdered sugar, garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.