Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 pint fresh California strawberries, washed and hulled, or one 20 ounce bag frozen whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 frozen pound cake (12 ounces) defrosted (reserve foil pan)
- 1 aerosol can (7 ounces) whipped light cream
- Slice Berries, reserving 6 for garnish.
- Place 1 cup of the sliced Berries in saucepan with Sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to boil. Cook 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Stir into Berries. Cook and stir until thick (about 2 minutes).
- Add lemon juice. Cool to room temperature; fold in remaining sliced Berries.
- Cut cake in 12 slices.
- Arrange slices back in reserved foil pan, one at a time, holding pan on a slant, spooning glaze between them.
- Spread remaining glaze on top. Recover with cardboard lid; chill 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve: cut away cake pan and transfer cake to serving platter.
- Pipe whipped cream around base and top of the cake.
- Garnish with whole Berries. Cut diagonal slices. Serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.