Makes 8 servings.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and stemmed
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 lime
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped, divided
- Slice strawberries, reserving 8 for garnish.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup Sugar and juice from lime. Set aside.
- Bring rice, milk, salt and remaining 1/2 cup Sugar to a boil in heavy saucepan.
- Stir once or twice, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes, stirring, or until rice is tender and milk is almost absorbed.
- Add vanilla and rum. Cool.
- Fold in sliced strawberries and 1-1/2 cups whipped cream.
- Spoon pudding into serving dishes.
- Top each with reserved whipped cream and a strawberry.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.