Apples and every little ingredient of this recipe says it's Belgian, one of the best desserts to eat ! Enjoy
- 225g/8oz Shortcrust Pastry
For the topping:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7.
- Roll the pastry out to 6mm/1/4-inch and use to line a deep 20 cm/8-inch flan tin.
- For the topping: in a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles large breadcrumbs then stir in the Sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- For the filling: in another large mixing bowl, toss the Apples with the lemon juice, cinnamon and Sugar then arrange over the pastry and scatter with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 190C,375, Gas mark 5 and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes, covering the top with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or ice cream.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.